Technical challenges so far.. When working with Google cardboard you allways need to take on consideration the raw processing power of mobile devices, and be wise on how to distribute tasks, in this Blog I will be discussing by sections what challenges I faced this past two week.. Main Screen: The Main screen was notContinue reading “The immersive Lab – Log Four”
Early design choices.. In this log I would like to take the opportunity to talk about the initial design choices and show some screens and comment on them. The first environment I tested was the cube, it has a room cube, baked lights a Player element (w/ Google virtual reality interactive elements for Cardboard andContinue reading “The immersive Lab – Log Three”
3ds Max Modelling
and animation made in Unity.
This is the poster presented at the “2nd Virtual Social Inetraction workshop” omn the 12th – 13th, july 2016. On regards of the idea of bringing a life perspective like the one of an autis- tic person. and placing (a non autistic) person as a protagonist in a IVR medium. using hand tracking, music andContinue reading ““The Bittersweet” – Log Fourteeen”
Learning to deal with challenges… and not to die trying. User tests is one of the primordial boxes to tick when it comes to software develop. And dealing with technical difficulties could be any developer worst nightmare. so when you are rushing to have a proper user test done because you do need to studyContinue reading ““The Bittersweet” – Log Twelve”
Well a final look to “scene 2” this scene has been the hardest so far, I have created a mini town out of a set I purchased online and I find it delightful, now to adjust some Audio, Mechanics and that should be it.
This blog post it’s dedicated only to portray the testing of what I have done so far, yesterday tested the transition from MAC to PC in UNITY , transferred my scenes from one place to another as my current MAC is not able to handle graphics properly without giving me errors, so took theContinue reading ““The Bittersweet” – Log Ten”
I have tried a couple of times to make the Lilypad Arduino board work, but somehow there are a couple of stuff that I am not getting my head around just yet so I have asked a very smart lady to help me out (Miss Perla Thanks!!!) and thank you Phoenix for giving me theContinue reading “The Music Therapy Gloves– Log Three”
In this Blog I would like to speak about my progress so far related to the final project in general and what tools I am using to create this 3 scenes. for objectivenes I will divide this in parts. Navigation: As explained in Log TWO, my focus interest in this narrative is to talk aboutContinue reading ““The Bittersweet” – Log Nine”
In this Blog I would like to talk about the Programs I am using to create or tweak some of the assets I am using. 1 ) Crazy Bump / http://www.crazybump.com This great free to use and open-source program does the heavy lifting on creating reslistic surfaces making your scenes more interesting, This is whatContinue reading ““The Bittersweet” – Log Eight”